The educational visit to Kota Marudu Solar
Power Station has successfully been held on September, 30 to October 2 2005. From the visit we managed to gather, explore and bring
back lots of new knowledge, practices and experiences. Besides that, we also managed to solve lots of questions and uncertainties
which seem to be not clear to us especially those related to the differences and production of conventional electrical power.
After the visit, we in Physics Unit are planning towards building and having our own solar generator in our college so as
to give an exposure to people in college mainly the students of Labuan Matriculation
technology is an alternative source of power which becomes the main agenda towards finding solution fro future power storage.
The suitable country’s weather environment is one of the main reasons which enable this alternative source to be operated.
By visiting the Solar Energy Power Station in Kota Marudu, lots of knowledge related to in class learning could be expanded.
On top of that, more new input can as well be applied in college level. Our main and biggest aim after this visit is towards
having our own solar energy station here in Labuan Matriculation College.
- To increase knowledge pertaining to the latest technology in solar energy.
- To build a solar power station in college.
- To build a useful and knowledge relationship with people outside of the college.
- Short briefing by Mr.Hinouk (SESB officer of Kota Marudu)
- Organize a discussion/introduction session with SESB regarding Solar Power Station as well as
- Begins the visit session at Solar Module Section and later on to the Control Room.
- During the visit, SESB officer together with Mr.Ronald Francis gave a detailed explanation about
each equipments and systems available.
- The discussion ended with planning towards building and having a solar power station at college
THE MECHANISM OF ELECTRICAL POWER PRODUCTION BASED ON SOLAR ENERGY
power which is based on solar energy is a kind of power which can be renewed. The sun gives light and heat to the earth everyday
and this process keep continuing from time to time. The heat supplied by the sun is used as water heater while the sunlight
is converted and changed into electrical power. The basis of the production of electrical power begins from the solar cells
which change the sunlight to electrical current. When the solar cells are joint together, it is then called “solar module”
which later on acts as a sunlight receptor. The sunlight that has been gathered together is then converted into electrical
current and later on is kept in batteries that enable all electrical appliances to be used and operated as normal.
Below are suggestions which the college should consider:
- Build a solar power station at college level.
- To make this station are reference and place for all college residents in order to learn and
know more about solar energy.
- This station can also be used as a source of electrical power supply for science/college labs
especially when there is no electrical power supply available.